v3.12.0 Release Highlights
There is a new way of managing Roles & Cycles. The new page displays information in a table rather than a list. There is also the ability to copy Route, Traction & Skill Competencies over to new roles if this is enabled for your company. There are also some other minor improvements listed below.
This release contains some client-raised bugs.
Manage Company Roles & Competency Cycles Tile on User Profile
- We have added a new tile on the User Profile to make it easier to manage Company Roles and Competency Cycles
New Manage Company Role(s) & Competency Cycle(s) page
- We have implemented a brand new page for managing Roles and Competency Cycles
- This will replace the existing Company Role(s) and Competency Cycle(s) section on the Add & Edit User pages
- When creating a new user, upon clicking Save you will be navigated to this new page to set up a user’s Roles & Cycles
- Assigned Roles & Cycles are now displayed in a table format rather than the previous list view
Copy Competencies to new Roles
- You will now have the ability to copy Route & Traction Competencies from an employee's current Role over to their new one
- As this is a copy, the competencies will remain against the Role they have been copied from unless that Role is later removed from the user
Next Assessment Deadline Accordion
- The Next Assessment Deadline table is now shown in an accordion display so that the table can easily be hidden if needed
Company Role column added to Competency Cycles page
- We have added Company Role as a column on the Manage Competency Cycle page so it is easier to see Cycles and their associated Role
Competency Cycle column added to Due Assessment page
- We have added Competency Cycle as a column when looking at due assessments so it is easier to see which cycle an assessment belongs to
- Ad Hoc assessments will show as 'N/A'
- When an assessment hasn't been started, it will now show as 'Unassigned' under the Assessor Name column.
Competency Cycle Default Start Date
- If you have this feature enabled, when creating or editing a Competency Cycle, there is now the ability to add a default value for the Competency Cycle Start Date
- If populated for a Competency Cycle, this Default Start Date will then be applied when starting a user on the Competency Cycle. However, there will still be the option to update the start date if necessary.
- If the Default Start Date is not populated for a Competency Cycle then the Start Date will continue to use the current date when starting a user on that Competency Cycle.
Independent Authority to Work Status
- There is now the option to set Authority to Work independently of Safety Critical Level. Previously you needed to set Safety Critical to Active before you could set Authority to Work to Active
- There is now the ability to retain Authority to Work Status when changing a user's Line Manager
- There is now the ability to retain Authority to Work Status when changing a user's Role
If you would like any of these features enabled for your company, please contact Support
Allow dialogs to close with Esc Key
- You can now close dialog boxes in EDS using the Esc Key shortcut to improve the accessibility of EDS
- You can no longer accidentally add duplicate competencies in the Training & Development area.
- We have fixed an issue with Training & Development where the End Date was being pushed back a day due to British Summer Time.
- When adding supporting information during an assessment on the web, if the assessor forgets to submit mandatory information, it was not apparent when clicking Save. The page will now scroll up if you have missed anything.
- We have fixed the Dashboard table so that Roles no longer cut off mid-word.
- An issue where ending a user's Competency Cycle and restarting them on the same Cycle would occasionally hide assessments in the Assessment Archive has been fixed.
- We have made minor changes to the Reporting area so that we have better insight into what improvements we should make to the overall performance of the page.
- We have made some changes to the logic that was affecting Support Plan Reporting.
- Some grammatical errors have been fixed on the Employee Profile page.
v3.12.1 Release Highlights
This release contains some client-raised bugs.
Managing of roles and competence cycles - The roles, and drop downs on the page are all listed alphabetically now.
Validation Warnings on Add/Edit User Page - The validation now occurs on the Save button at all stages of user creation and edit.
Training and Development editing fault - unable to add documents after training course created - Now able to add/edit training and development courses.